1.Payments – Payment must be received in full via PayPal by the date and time shown for each event. Should any registration entry and payment be received after the deadline we reserve the right to either: a. Exclude your entry from the event or b. Include your entry for the event but levy a late entry fee/ administration charge of $15 to be paid by PayPal before the event commences.
No refunds will be provided to any player(s) following event registration and payment being made. All event arrangements are made in good faith with the venues that we book and in many cases we are required to pay advance deposit(s) and/or full payment of green fees to secure venues.
2.Cancellation by player – Any player who wishes to cancel their entry should advise us by phone, text or email as early as possible and ALWAYS before the event begins. If we receive cancellation notice within 24 hours of the event commencing we will be happy to credit entry fee cost paid for, or towards, entry to a future event within one month of the original cancellation. If cancellation is made less than 24 hours before event commences we may not be able to provide any credit as some venues will charge us in full for your entry. We can advise at time of cancellation what we can offer. Please note that if a credit is offered you WILL still need to complete an online registration form for the next event although no payment will be due. The above policy applies to all single day and multi day events.
3.Event Cancellation by The Claret Junior Tour- In the event that we feel it is necessary to cancel an event in its entirety we will notify all players by email. We will use the email address you provided on the registration form for that event. We will always attempt to give as much notice as possible to all players. All players will receive a raincheck free entry that can be used to enter another CJT event during the same year. CJT will not be responsible for any additional costs any player may have incurred including travel to/from the event.
4.Bad Weather Policy – If any event is underway and bad weather creates the need to suspend play we will seek advice from management of the venue we are playing. Depending on that advice in some cases it may become necessary to withdraw temporarily from play, return to the clubhouse or possibly shelter in place before returning to play from your previous position on the golf course.
In the event that bad weather causes a complete cancellation of play we will adhere to the following guidelines. If ALL players in each flight have completed at least nine (9) holes of play the competition will be considered as a nine (9) hole event. Regardless of any additional holes any player may have played when the cancellation is called only the first nine (9) holes will be counted towards a players final score. If any player is unable to complete nine (9) holes when the cancellation of further play is called all competitors in that player flight will receive a free credit against a future tournament on our schedule for that year. If the venue management terminate any Claret Junior Tournament at any time and we are offered a raincheck to return we will do so and the players in attendance on the day affected will be provided with a free entry. If a cart is included in entry fee the same will be provided for rearranged date., if cart(s) are paid separately no refund for cart fee will be issued.
If a competition is officially called off AFTER play has begun and any player(s) wishes to go back out to the golf course and finish playing they do so entirely at their own risk. When any competition we host is called off or deemed to be complete player(s) are no longer under the supervision of The Claret Junior Tour and as such we can take no responsibility for them.
5. Player Development – Our competitions should be fun and continually challenging to all players regardless of age. We believe it is necessary to regularly review our existing practices and ensure we are helping all players to develop.
From January 1st 2022 we advise that should any player successfully win any 3 Claret Junior Tour events we will recognize this achievement by promoting them into our Elite Player Flight. Further details will be provided shortly on this.
In order to further assist in player development please note that at any time prior to registration closing on any competition any player/parent may request that they play from longer yardage tees. We will always endeavor to fulfil these requests.
6. Parent/Player requests – Please note that it is not always possible to accommodate every request made to us before a competition to play alongside friends/fellow competitors. We are happy to occasionally help in this regard but we do not believe it benefits the long-term game of developing junior golfers to continually play with the same competitors.
7. ONLY current Annual Membership players will be able to compete in our Annual end of season Claret Junior Tour Championships and our Champion Golfer Event.
8. The Claret Junior Tour have a strict no-smoking policy. Any player, player’s caddie or spectator who is observed smoking on the golf course will be asked to stop. if a competitor you will be excluded from the competition immediately. Tobacco in any form is not allowed. Use of pen/vape regardless of substance contained within is classed as smoking and carries the same penalty.
9. No spitting policy. Players are asked to refrain from spitting on or around the golf course venue while participating in any competition. Any player or caddie observed spitting will be asked to stop. If observed a second time they will be asked to leave the competition immediately.